ChatBox provide Brisbane’s only home visiting feeding clinic. We combine Speech Pathologist, Nutritionist, Occupational Therapy and Medical services to provide a services based on the SOS Picky Eaters vs. Problem Feeders approach by Dr Kay Toomey and Dr Erin Ross.
A Team Approach to Picky Eaters
A team approach is vital for the successful management of picky/problem eaters. There are many reasons why your child might be avoiding food and it’s our job to make sure the problem is correctly identified and addressed by the appropriate professionals. It also means we have good links with other specialists and we frequently consult with each other (at no further cost to you) to ensure the best management possible.
Our online support program makes ChatBox the most budget-friendly option for helping parents of picky eaters and problem feeders.
Picky Eaters Usually:
- Eat fewer than 20 different foods
- Eat fewer and fewer foods over time until they are limited to about 5-10 foods they will eat
- Refuse foods of certain textures altogether
- Will eat one food over and over till one day they abandon it and don’t go back to it
- Will not accept new foods on their plate and will not tolerate even touching or tasting a new food
- Cry, scream, tantrum and even vomit when new foods are placed on their plate
- Are unwilling to try a new food even after 10 exposures
- Have a rigidity and need for routine/sameness during meals
- Are inflexible about certain foods